FSET - Food Share Employment & Training

715-779-3706       FHS@redcliff-nsn.gov       88385 Pike Rd
The Food Share Employment and Training Program is a self-supportive program through the state of Wisconsin that aims to help clients acquire working skills and find employment. Any individual who is receiving FoodShare benefits is eligible to participate in the FSET Program as a volunteer (individuals who are working full time, i.e., 30 hours or more a week, will not be included as volunteers).

FSET may also help clients with work-related expenses for the first 30 days of a job. FSET's mission is to help participants to find life and job related skills and stay involved in a structured atmosphere. FSET staff assists participants in acquiring the skills to find available employment or the skills to become employed. FSET staff hopes to help each enrolled participant feel as though they are contributing to themselves, their family and to the community by improving on employment and life skills as they participate.

FSET is a voluntary, no-cost program. You can take part in FSET activities for up to 27 hours per week.

FSET Can Help With:

  • Job Searches and Job Referrals
  • Transportation, Child Care, and Other Work Related Costs
  • Job Skills Assessment
  • Career Planning
  • Basic Job Training
  • Work Experience
  • Referrals to Other Community Services (such as VERNA, DVR, NWCEP and Job Service).
Please keep in mind that if you choose not to meet the work requirement, you will only get 3 months of FoodShare benefits in a 36-month (3 year) period until you meet the work requirement, meet an exemption, or your 36-month period has passed.

The Red Cliff Social Services has a resource center with two computers with access to job search, and tools to help with resumes and research. We also have a small collection of books on how to interview, build resumes as well as different research books. The Education Department is able to help with scholarship information and applications for colleges of interest.

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (Voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is equal opportunity provider and employer.