Health Advisory: Avoid Private and Public Gatherings
Effective Immediately – Red Cliff Health is issuing an Emergency Advisory strongly discouraging any non-essential events or gatherings.
January 11, 2022 – The Red Cliff community is currently experiencing a high level of community spread of COVID-19. There are at least 61 active cases of COVID-19, and testing is ongoing. Red Cliff’s COVID Response Team, Tribal Council, and Bayfield School are asking the community to help. Avoid gathering and limit your activity outside of the home. We must work together.
The COVID-19 pandemic is now overwhelming hospitals across our region, Wisconsin, and neighboring states. Medical staff in the hardest hit communities are begging people to get vaccinated, wear masks in public, and stay home if you are not feeling well. Limiting the spread is not just about your own health – it directly impacts our health care workers and their ability to provide care for both COVID patients and non-COVID patients.
Contact tracing of positive cases reveal infection is being spread in numerous social settings, including public and private gatherings.
Remember your COVID-19 prevention strategies:
- Get vaccinated – everyone over the age of 5 is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Wear a well-fitting mask when in public regardless of vaccination status. Red Cliff Health has KN95 masks available if you do not already have one.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain at least 6 feet from non-household members.
- Avoid staying overnight at anyone else’s home.
- Avoid eating or drinking indoors anywhere other than your own home. Still want to support your favorite restaurant? Try ordering takeout and use curbside delivery for shopping when possible.
Masks are still required in all tribal buildings, including Legendary Waters and Buffalo Bay Gas Station. Subtle symptoms of the Omicron variant can include a scratchy throat or mild congestion. If you recognize any symptoms, please stay home and get tested.
You can call 715-779-3707 to get tested and/or to set up an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine. You can also contact the Bayfield County Health Department for vaccinations at 715-373-3312.
Please continue to do your part in protecting our community.
Questions can be directed to the Red Cliff Community Health Center at 715-779-3707.