BIA General Assistance
The BIA General Assistance program provides monthly cash grants for adults lacking the resources and necessities of life, such as shelter, food, and clothing. This program strives to increase recipient independence by meeting employment goals set through case-specific action steps.
- Fill out application and required paperwork for services. Use the contact information above to access an application.
- Must be an enrolled member of a Federally recognized Indian Tribe
- Applicant does not have sufficient resources to meet essential needs items as defined by the Bureau of Indian Affairs Standard of Assistance.
- Must reside on the reservation at all times
- Must cooperate and participate with Individual Self Sufficiency Plan
- Must actively seek employment and complete work search form monthly
- Applicant must be present for all case reviews, appointments, and prepared for home visits every 90 days
- Applicant must participate in work program required by the Program