The Weatherization Program provides basic home Weatherization services in order to save energy and reduce your home heating bills. Weatherization can make our home warmer in winter and cooler in the summer.
If you are eligible for Weatherization services, an energy auditor will look at your home to see what can be done to make it more energy efficient. Weatherization services differ with each home depending on how it was built and its condition. Some common Weatherization services include:
- Insulate attics, walls and crawl spaces
- Insulate or replace water heater
- Install energy efficient lighting
- Reduce air leakage
- Repair or replace furnace
- Test and/or replace refrigerator
- Health and safety inspection
- Information about maintenance and energy conservation
- You received benefits from Wisconsin's Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) during the current heating season.
- Your are a homeowner, renter or live in a mobile home, duplex, or apartment building.
- Your gross income for the last three months is equal to or less than the amount shown for your family size.
- You are a homeowner, renter, or live in a mobile home, duplex, or apartment building. Red Cliff will help in verifying homeownership. Once homeownership is verified, the application is sent to the Ashland County Housing Authority for review and approval, if applicable.
- Your gross income for the last month is equal to or less than the amount shown for your family size.
- Your dwelling/apartment has not been weatherized before.
- Your household meets certain priorities that may include a high energy burden or use, having an elderly or disabled member of the household living there, or you have a child under 6 yrs old living there.
Learn more by visiting the Wisconsin DOA website HERE.